Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Journey Towards Cleansing, Nutrition and Optimal Health


It all started a month ago when I was flipping through the TV channels on an uneventful Saturday night.  PBS was doing another one of their pledge/money drives and had a man by the name of Joel Fuhrman on the screen, giving a presentation called “3 Steps to Incredible Health.”  Depending on the amount you pledged to give the TV station, you could get special DVDs and books from Joel Fuhrman to help you on your path to incredible health.  If you know me, you know that I always get dragged into these types of infomercial-type presentations.  He talked about how to naturally avoid and/or reverse the signs of aging and sickness.  He brought people on stage whose lives were changed by following his plan.  I was amazed!  I was so amazed that I stayed up later than normal, even though my husband was ready for bed.  However, I was not amazed enough to pledge $100 to PBS and receive this very special package Fuhrman was offering.  Instead, I did what any smart and frugal woman would do, I researched Fuhrman online and proceeded to reserve all of his books through the New York Public Library.  Why would I pay, when I can get his books and articles written about his health plan for free?  Duh!
Sign #2 came that very next Monday.  I woke up “sick” and had to call out of work that day.  A lady by the name of Kimberly Snyder was on one of the morning shows giving the very same message that Fuhrman was giving two nights before.  You can have optimal health, clear skin, reverse aging, etc., etc. simply by changing your diet.  According to both health experts the key to doing this, mainly, were green leafy vegetables.  Hey!  I like vegetables.  Tell me more.  So, I did what Faunya always does when new information comes to her attention.  I researched this lady online and reserved her book at the library.
Both books arrived at the library at the same time, but I chose to read Kimberly’s book first.  The reasons have more to do with library etiquette and aren’t that interesting.  However, I must say that I am so glad that I chose to read Kimberly’s book first.  It has been life changing.
Anyway, I want to go on this life changing journey towards total body cleansing and optimal health and I would like to take some people with me.  I would like each change that I make to be lifelong and so, therefore, I have decided to take it slow and make only 1-2 changes in my lifestyle per month.  Will you go with me?
-------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment