So, it's been about two months since I started this whole diet & detox kick and I must say that I have been doing pretty well. I am proud of myself!
Last month, I brought a blender, which helped me to kick it up another notch with fruit and vegetable smoothies on a regular basis. The benefit of these smoothies, which I think I mentioned in an earlier post, is that it allows you to have several servings of fruit and vegetables in a single cup.
Anyways, here is the daily routine I follow to date. I am entering times as a guideline, but it all depends on when I wake up and what I have to do/go that day.
5:00am Drink hot water with ¼ lemon
8:00am Drink 1 cup of water with daily vitamins and supplements (includes One-A-Day, Fish Oil, Iron and Probiotic)
8:30am Drink a cup of my Glowing Green Smoothie or eat some fruit (if smoothie isn't available)
9:30am Eat breakfast (After drinking the smoothie or eating fruit, I wait at least ½ hour and eat only if/when I am hungry)
10:30am Drink a cup of water or tea or other nutritious drink, followed by a small nutritious snack if I'm hungry (anytime between 10:30am-12:00pm)
12:00pm Eat lunch (Salad or other raw veggies, followed by the remaining portions of my meal)
2:00pm Drink a cup of water or tea or other nutritious drink, followed by a small nutritious snack if I'm hungry (anytime between 2:00pm-7:00pm)
7:00pm Dinner (Salad or other raw veggies, followed by the remaining portions of my meal)
9:00pm Drink a cup of water or tea or other nutritious drink, followed by a small nutritious snack if I'm hungry
Some of the rules I follow are:
· Do not drink during your meals. Drink at least ½ hour before and/or 1 hour after your meal.
· Listen to your body and only eat when hungry.
· Begin each meal with a fruit or raw vegetable.
· To help the flow of digestion eat from light to heavy (raw fruit à raw greens/vegetables à cooked greens/vegetables à starch à meat à desserts/other).
· Cut artificial sweeteners and sodas from your diet (or decrease them dramatically).
· Do not eat at least 2 hours before going to bed.
I am still working to perfect and improve on these. In addition, I'm trying to discipline myself to work out at least 4 days a week. I'm going away to a resort with my job in June and travelling to the beautiful island of Sal, Cape Verde in September. I've got quite a bit of work to do!!!!!